Who experiences stress?
The statistics from the MHF are scary!
- This year – 74% felt so stressed at one point, they were overwhelmed and felt unable to cope
- Around 500,000 people are experiencing work related stress at this moment!
- From people who reported experiencing stress, the report finds that coping mechanisms include overeating or eating unhealthily (46%), increased alcohol intake (29%), increased smoking (16%).
Signs and Symptoms
Do you recognise any of these signs and symptoms?
- Feeling anxious or depressed?
- Noticing that your mood seems to fluctuate from happy to sad, excited to flat?
- Feeling unable to deal with minor issues that you previously didn’t find a problem
- Physical ill health (blood pressure, chest pains, muscle aches, insomnia)
- Anger or irritability
- Failure to meet targets
- Finding that your work performance is decreasing and you aren’t meeting your normal standards
- Taking more time off sick
- Not getting on as easily with colleagues or family
- Changes to eating patterns or weight loss / gain
- Increased use of substances (painkillers, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, cannabis)
- Forgetfulness or difficulty focussing
Since seeing Liz I am calmer, happier and more able to deal with difficult situations. Client review – September 2017