Who we are
Our website address is: https://liveyourlifecoaching.org This site is maintained by Liz Sharpe – Therapist and Coach. My Registered address is 589 London Road, Westcliff, Essex SS0 9PQ. (Please note that appointments are required).
This policy is divided into 2 parts.
- A section regarding your privacy and cookies on this website.
- A section for my role as a therapist and coach.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you complete a contact form to ask for me to contact you – then I will receive your name, email address and phone number plus any additional comments you choose to make. Please note that you can also call me directly rather than share this information. I do not retain this contact sheet once I have made contact with you.
If you sign up for my newsletter, then your name and email is stored via Mailchimp which uses servers compliant with GDPR legislation. You will have the option to unsubscribe at any time, and I do not retain any information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact forms – Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
I use google analytics to understand how visitors engage with this site. It will tell me the pages that you visit and which part of the world you are logging in from. I cannot identify specific visitors from this information.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
I do not store or retain any personal data via this website.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Live your Life Coaching with Liz Sharpe are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
Liz Sharpe at Live your Life Coaching is the data controller. This means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: c/o 589 London Road, Westcliff on Sea, Essex. SS0 0PQ. For all data matters contact Liz at email@example.com
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
I use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To ensure that I can provide you with the best possible treatment
- To work in lines with my regulatory body and insurance company who require information to be stored for 7 years minimum.
- Where necessary, to contact relevant professionals such as medical teams.
- To maintain your health and safety during our work together.
Newsletter or subscription – if you have provided me with your email for the purposes of receiving my blogs and newsletters.
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data [Name, address, phone number, email address or contact details, age, medical issues, reason for therapy, and in some cases, employer, Next of Kin, school]
I have obtained your personal data as given by you. I do not receive data from publicly accessible sources
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data? Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
|☐ Consent of the data subject;|
Double sign up on line for newsletters and online marketing
Signature at time of consultation
|☐ Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract|
CONTRACT AT TIME OF CONSULTATION
|☐ Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation|
iNSURANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Special categories of personal data (article 9 of GDPR)
[*IF YOU PROCESS SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF DATA, YOU MUST SATISFY AT LEAST ONE CONDITION UNDER ARTICLE 6 AND AT LEAST ONE CONDITION UNDER ARTICLE 9 AS LISTED BELOW. DELETE THIS SECTION IF YOU DO NOT PROCESS SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF DATA.]
Our lawful basis for processing your special categories of data:
|☐ Explicit consent of the data subject|
[include the GDPR: consent form]
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with Medical Professionals or equivalent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
I keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of 7 years, from consenting age, in order to manage case of any legal claims/complaints; for safeguarding purposes etc
If you unsubscribe from online marketing tools, then I do not retain email data etc.
- Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will have the following consequences – I will not be able to provide you with therapy support, or you cannot receive online marketing.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
I do not transfer personal data outside the eea.
- Automated Decision Making
WE DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING IN OUR BUSINESS.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Liz Sharpe in writing at 589 London Road, Westcliff, SS0 9PQ
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.